Best 12 Inch Table Saw Blade – Best Options for Perfect Cuts
It can be a daunting task to choose the right equipment for gardening, household, and other cutting needs. When you are looking at different tools online, it is hard to identify the most durable ones and the ones that deliver the best performance. This is when expert reviews come in handy, and below, you can find expert recommendations of the best 12-inch table saw blades on the market.
My name is Ronnie Collins, and I will be happy to help you to choose a reliable 12-inch table saw blade. By reading this article, you will be able to save your time and money and get a top-quality item.
I have been passionate about woodworking and gardening for many years, and I have even earned an MS in Botany. Then, I have been working at a gardening company for a while, where I got an in-depth knowledge of gardening equipment such as low mowers, table saws, and other tools.
If you have been in search of the 12 inch table saw blade reviews, keep reading this article to learn about the top five table options I find practical and durable. Also, I will give you some pieces of advice that will help to buy the best 12″ miter saw blade for your cutting needs.
Top 5 Best 12-inch Table Saw Blades
Although there is a variety of 12″ table saw blade options on the market, with the expert recommendations, it is easier to make the right choice. That’s why I have prepared a detailed review of the time-proven table saw blades with the pros and cons highlighted. It will help you to save your time and acknowledge all the necessary information before the purchase.
1.Freud 12 Inch Miter Saw Blade for Plywood & Melamine – A Great Tool
Freud America Inc. is a world-famous leader in the cutlery and general hardware industry. It is known for the manufacturing of high-quality carbide cutting tools. The company uses its carbide, TiCo, a combination of Titanium and Cobalt.
This Freud 12″ x 96T Thin Kerf Ultimate Plywood & Melamine Blade is a great example of the company’s quality tools. It is a heavy-duty carbide saw blade that guarantees precise cutting without chopping. It is perfect not only for plywood or laminates but also for crosscutting hardwood.
I want to note that this model has 96 Hi-ATB teeth that face both left and right. Such a setup allows keeping the crosscuts clean and ensuring splinter-free finishes.
Moreover, the anti-vibration design is another benefit of this saw blade. It reduces chatter, provides longer blade life, and cleaner finish. The blade is laser-cut, that’s why it stays flat and stable even if you use it for a long time. Plus, due to the special Perma-SHIELD coating, the blade delivers accurate cuts even after a long period of usage.
The blade’s dimensions are 1 x 12 x 12 inches, and its weight is only 1 pound. Additionally, Freud Company provides a limited lifetime warranty for this item.
- Perfect choice for cutting plywood, laminates, melamine, and hardwood;
- Perma-SHIELD coating guarantees heat buildup and friction reduction;
- Suitable for table saws;
- An affordable price.
- Not recommended for ferrous metals or stones.
- 12" Blade Diameter, 96 Teeth, Hi-ATB Grind, 1" Arbor, .098" Kerf, 2° Hook Angle
- Premium TiCo HI-Density Carbide Crosscutting Blend for Maximum Performance
- High Alternate Top Bevel (HiATB)Tooth Design produces splinter-free cuts
- Laser-Cut Anti-Vibration Slots drastically reduce vibration and sideways movement in the cut extending blade life and giving a crisp, splinter-free flawless finish
- Perma-Shield Non-Stick Coating reduces blade drag, protects the blade from corrosion and pitch build-up.
2.Freud Thin Kerf 12 Inch Table Saw Blade – Perfect for Precise Cutting
This is another good-quality blade produced by Freud Company. It is great for cutting both soft- and hardwood. Moreover, the item allows for smooth surfaces for gluing and finishing work. You won’t even need to sand or joint the wood after the cut.
The blade has 30 oversized teeth with tips made of TiCo carbide that guarantee high heat and corrosion resistance, improved hardness, and density. I recommended using this tool for working with the materials that are from ¾ to 2¾ inches thick. The blade can cut thinner or thicker materials, but if you use it outside the recommended range, some loss of surface finish may occur.
Since this is a thin kerf blade, you should use it with underpowered saws only for cleaner cuts and less material waste. The Perma-SHIELD covering of this blade prevents debris collection and reduces stress on the motor of a table saw.
The item’s dimensions are 1 x 1 x 1 inches, and it weighs only 1 pound. Also, the company offers a limited lifetime warranty on this saw blade.
- Designed with Perma-SHIELD coating for a better cutting performance;
- Can cut through even thick hardwood;
- Easy chip removal due to large gullets between teeth;
- Has an anti-vibration design;
- Suitable only for underpowered table saws.
- Premium TiCo HI-Density Carbide Ripping Blend for Maximum Performance
- Thin Kerf allows for faster feed rate and reduced waste
- Positive Hook Angles for fast cutting and easy feeding in ripping applications
- Perma-Shield Non-Stick Coating reduces blade drag, protects the blade from corrosion and pitch build-up.
3. Forrest CM12806115G 12″ Table Saw Blade – For Simple Woodworking
If you are looking for a reliable and high-quality saw blade, you definitely should check out this item manufactured by Forrest. It is made of double-hard C-4 submicron carbide that guarantees the blade’s long life.
What is remarkable is that the model comes with 80 sharp teeth. Its special ATB design minimizes the grabbing and throwing of scrap cut-offs. Such tooth style provides clean and steady cuts without bottom splintering.
The item’s dimensions are 12.6 x 12.3 x 1.3 inches, and it weighs 3.6 pounds. As a result, its heavy steel plate and negative face hook prevent any jumps and wobbling.
With this excellent saw blade, you get extra smooth and tight cuts, so even a professional woodworker will be satisfied with such equipment. It is a great option for cutting material from vinyl to hardwood that makes this Forrest table saw blade one of the universal options to consider.
- Made of top-quality C-4 submicron carbide to prevent tear-out and bottom splintering;
- Provides ultimate stability during the work;
- Works with a chop, miter, and radial arm saws;
- Has 30-degree, 4-pointed ATB style teeth;
- Saves about 1/3 wood loss on every cut.
- Comes at a high price
- Forrest CM12806115G Chopmaster - Diameter (D) = 12-Inch, Teeth (T) = 80, Kerf (K) = 1/8-Inch, Arbor (A) = 1-Inch, Tooth Style = 4 PTS + 1 Flat
- These top quality chop, miter and radial arm saw blades produce tight, perfectly cut miter joints with no bottom splinters
- Forrest Chopmaster blades work with all makes of chop, miter and radial arm saws
- Made with double-hard C-4 Submicron Carbide for up to 300% longer life
- A heavier than normal steel plate maintains maximum stability for the best cut
4.Freud Super Dado Set – The Best 12″ Table Saw Blade for Wood
Are you looking for a set of reliable saw blades to cut any material? This Super Dado set is the answer to all your cutting needs. The set includes all necessary items, such as two carbide blades, a shim set, and six chippers. Also, it comes with a carrying case for safe transportation and storage.
This set is what you need for perfect, clean cuts. The blades can be used on all types of table and radial arm saws to cut dadoes, slots, grooves, and rabbets made of soft- and hardwood. What I like about these blades is that Freud Super Dado Set allows for the most precise cuts thanks to the 1/32-inch adjustments possible.
Besides, the silver I.C.E. coating prevents buildup on the blade surface and guarantees better friction reduction. A great fact is that all blades and choppers have special anti-kickback design.
- Great I.C.E. coating and anti-kickback design;
- Ideal for cutting all types of wood;
- Made by one of the most reliable manufacturers;
- Includes special plastic case to store your blades in safe.
- A high price tag.
- 12" Dado Set, 1" Arbor
- Set includes 2 blades, 6 chippers, shim set and carrying case.
- Features Premium TiCo HI-Density Carbide Crosscutting Blend for Maximum Performance
- Silver I.C.E. Coating prevents build up on the blade surface and keeps the blade running cooler and cleaner
- All blades and chippers come with Freud’s anti-kickback design
5. CMT 215.060.12 – The Best 12 Inch Miter Saw Blade for Woodworking
CMT is an Italian company that manufactures top-quality tools for woodworking. With more than fifty years of experience, CMT produces hole saws, accessories for multi-cutter tools, and saw blades. I strongly recommend taking a look at this CMT 215.060.12 Industrial Combination saw blade if you need a durable 12-inch miter saw blade for heavy-duty works.
The blade’s teeth are made of micro-grain carbide soldered to the body with a special tri-metal metallic bond that includes silver and copper. Such technology guarantees a long life and smooth cuts even after a long usage period.
Due to its innovative design, every fifth tooth of this saw blade has a triple chip grind. What is more, the blade comes with anti-kickback shoulders and noise reduction slots. Its non-stick PTFE coating keeps it running cold, prevents corrosion, and reduces pitch buildup.
CMT 215.060.12 Industrial Combination saw blade weighs only 2 pounds with the dimensions of 12 x 12 x 0.1 inches. Also, the company offers a warranty on this blade. This miter saw blade is made for professional use, so if you need a well-designed tool just for household tasks, this item may not be the best option.
- Awesome PTFE coating guarantees the long life of the blade;
- The item is made of high-quality German steel;
- Has a great anti-vibration design.
- Not the best choice for non-professionals.
- For rip and crosscuts. The large gullets allow deep cuts and effective chip clearance.
- For radial arm saws, miter saws, table & special saws. Cut soft and hardwood, plywood & chipboard.
- 0.126 kerf + 0.087 plate thickness, 12° hook angle, 4 alternate teeth, 1 trapezoidal tooth Grind
- Micrograin carbide teeth to last longer and deliver smooth cuts.
- Non-Stick PTFE Coating keeps blade running cool, reduces pitch buildup, protects against corrosion.
Tips on Choosing and Storing Your 12″ Miter Saw Blade
Choosing a table saw blade isn’t an easy task. Before doing it, you should answer several questions. First of all, you should decide what materials the blade will be used to cut. Also, it’s important to take into account the types of cuts you are going to make.
Fortunately, the blades described in my list are suitable for all types of woodwork, as well as plywood and hardwood. They are great in case you need to cut different materials and don’t want to spend time changing one specialty blade to another.
Although some reviewed items are costly, when choosing these blades, you choose high quality and performance. It’s important to buy tools manufactured by acknowledged companies if you don’t want to spend your money on a poorly working item. Also, I strongly recommend following these tips on how to take care of saw blades:
- Store all your saw blades in a dry area. Moisture and humidity are the worst enemies of any saw blade. That’s why storing the items in a dry area will increase the life of their carbide teeth and retain their edge.
- Clean blades with solvents and nylon brushes. You have to do it to prevent the accumulation of grime on the blades. Cleaning will allow you to refresh the carbide teeth and expose the gullets.
- Use your blades appropriately. Carefully read the instruction before using one or another saw blade. In the manual that comes with each tool, you will find information about the materials the blade should be used to cut. Avoid experimenting if you don’t want to break your equipment.
- Remember to keep the blades cool. A blade may run hot, especially if you work with hardwood. In this case, you should give the tool some breaks during extended use to prevent possible damages.
I hope that these 12 inch miter saw blade reviews helped you to make an informed decision on what saw blade to purchase for your cutting tasks. If you have already purchased or tried one of these saw blades, I would be grateful if you could share your thoughts below.
What table saw blade proved to be the most useful? What tool has served you for many years? Please, tell readers and me about your experience, and it would be great if you mention some more tips on choosing and maintaining table saw blades.