We live in the age of technology and modernity, which keeps changing at an alarming speed making the world a better place to be. For instance, and most importantly in terms of gardening, the slashers and secateurs have been replaced by the gas string trimmer.
String trimmers that are powered by gas are becoming popular for several reasons. Firstly, being compared with electric string trimmers, they harbor more power. Secondly, they are suitable for sizeable yards and lawns. Thirdly, as long as they have fuel, these products will run for a lengthy time, and they withstand heavy usage.
I have prepared expert reviews and operational details of the top brands to guide you into acquiring a machine that will enable you to accomplish your purpose.
Without a doubt, a manicured garden is one that is neatly trimmed. Now imagine you have the best equipment at hand, what else can hinder you from making your garden trimmed, neat, and habitable? It is easy! Get yourself a string trimmer that uses gas and stand a chance of making your surrounding accommodative.
7 Best String Trimmers That Use Gas
Below there is a review of dependable string trimmers that are powered by gas. The review will give you an insight into why the products are worth acquiring in the quest to make your garden habitable. I have analyzed them deeply and indicated the pros and cons of each.
Remington RM2510 Rustler – Best Gas Powered String Trimmer
The equipment has a 25cc engine with quality power production that makes it reliable in terms of removal of stubborn vegetation. The engine is made with the incorporation of QuickStart know-how for an easy time when starting it.
What’s more, it is designed with curved shafts, which enable the operator to have a direct view of the trimming point. The shaft is light, hence it doesn’t make the machine bulky. It doesn’t add weight to the machine, and thus you can navigate well without straining. What’s more, the product is made with an ergonomic curve, which makes this trimmer ideal for homes and average-sized lawns.
The equipment has a wide cutting swath of 16 inches, an element that makes it work on a small lawn in minutes. Remington is designed with a dual-line bump head, which triggers wide coverage at a minimal time.
- 25CC GAS ENGINE: QuickStart technology Engine to make pull starts easier.
- CURVED SHAFT: Curved shaft design makes cutting and trimming parts of your lawn more comfortable and balanced.
- DUAL LINE BUMP HEAD: Avoid interrupting your yard job! Simply tap the head on the ground to feed more line on your trimmer.
- 095? line: Thicker line for more durability and greater control getting those thicker patches of grass and shrubs.
- 16-INCH CUTTING SWATH: Trims wider sections of tall grass in less time.Spark Plug Gap:. 0.025 inch
- Clears stubborn vegetation ruthlessly;
- Good for mid-sized lawns;
- The line is easily replaceable;
- Quick-start technology to ease starting .
- The operation highly depends on oil and fuel.
Husqvarna 128LD – Best Multipurpose Gas Trimmer
This appliance is versatile and is made for dealing with home or medium yards. Its starters and machines start effortlessly. The manufacturer of this device is mindful of storage space. Thus the product is designed with detachable shafts that can be stored separately.
Moreover, the device is multipurpose and offers a variety of operations. For instance, it is conducive for tilling and edging, trimming and cutting hedges, and, most importantly, sweeping. It has double strings, which make it easier to reload since it comes off with a cap.
The machine accepts a variety of strings with different diameters. The whacker has a variety of accessories that aid the performance of different tasks. The cutting head contributes to the fixing of the head or blade to match your purpose. It works through thick foliage without the head being wrapped. Thus, the cutting speed remains constant throughout the use period with no interference from the grass.
It has a wider cutting width of approximately 17 inches and runs on a 28cc engine that will never give the operator headache while powering it on. It’s stress-free to handle and carry around when in operational mode due to its lightweight.
- Features a 28cc 2-cycle engine which powers the 17 inch (cutting width) trimmer head
- Trimmer engine runs on a mixture of unleaded gas and 2-cycle oil (2. 6 oz bottle is included, see bottle for mixing instructions)
- Easily release new trimmer line as you work by tapping the trimmer head against the grass to activate the Tap 'N Go line release feature
- Have no worries when it is time to replace the trimmer line - the T25 trimmer head is designed for simple and easy line reloading
- A translucent fuel tank allows you to visually monitor your fuel level as you work
- Wide cutting measurement;
- Detachable shafts.
- No operation without gas.
HITACHI CG23ECPSL – Gas Trimmer with an Extended Shaft for Easy Trimming
The equipment is designed with a 22.5cc engine. It doesn’t compromise the set standard of emission levels when in operation. The fact that it meets the standard emission required doesn’t mean that the aspect interferes with its lightweight, production of power, and sturdiness.
It is made with elongated shafts to enable you to trim vegetation effectively. It has a non-vibration characteristic that prevents engine overheating when used for prolonged hours. The anti-vibration aspect aids in decreasing fatigue.
The product has an S-start recoil to ease the process of starting the device without applying much energy. It has a cutting measurement of approximately 15 inches and weighs 10.3lbs. Thus, if you require an item that will permit you to do your sizable yard without losing much energy and with minimal time, Hitachi CG23ECPSL is a great option. Furthermore, you are covered by a 7 years warranty.
- 22.5 cc pure fire two stroke engine meets emissions levels without sacrificing power, adding weight, or creating maintenance headaches
- 69.6 inches overall length to lessen fatigue from bending
- Anti vibration system to reduce user fatigue
- S Start recoil starting system reduces the force needed to start the engine
- Heavy-duty output;
- Low vibration;
- Easy to start.
- Its operation highly depends on oil and fuel.
Weed Eater W25CBK – Best Gas String Trimmer That Is Highly Movable
The equipment is built with curved shafts that are light, hence it permits easy maneuverability. Its head is tap N’ Go enabled, which feeds on the line immediately the device is pushed to the ground.
Its curved shafts allow easy assembling, storage, and even transportation. What’s more, the services of technicians are not a necessity whenever you purchase the device. You can assemble the machine on your own since it is simple and easy to put it together to be operational.
What’s more, the device is lighter, an element that makes the operator do their task faster without being fatigued. When operational, the engine is noiseless and doesn’t emit a lot of fumes.
The product is accommodative in smaller spaces and permits easy maneuverability when working. It weighs about 13lbs and has a 16-inch cutting width to foster bigger area slush. Hence, the item provides wider area coverage at a minimal time.
- Tap 'N Go Cutting Head feature quickly feeds the trimmer line automatically when the head is pushed into the ground
- Convenient knock-down coupler provides for quick assembly and allows for easy transport and storage
- The lightweight design provides easy mobility around the yard
- Part of the Weed Eater Feather lite family
- Easy to assemble;
- Easy mobility;
- Depends on oil and fuel.
Husqvarna 967055801 – Best String Trimmer Gas Machine with a Great Engine
Looking for a powerful and reliable weed eater? This model from Husqvarna will do you a great favor. It’s a powerful unit that will deal with any grass cutting or weed task you put it to regardless of the nature of the identity of the vegetation.
Moreover, the apparatus is relatively lightweight with approximately 17lbs, and hence it won’t give you a problem to carry around when working on your vegetation. What’s more, it is a 4-stroke device running on gas with a heavy-duty tank volume that permits it to run for a longer period when in operational mode. What’s more, the fuel tank is translucent, and hence you can easily monitor fuel levels when operating the device.
The apparatus is easy to assemble, doesn’t get exhausted or overheated. Thus you can use it effectively in a 1-acre without experiencing a technical hitch. It is inbuilt with an air purge primarily for the removal of air from critical chambers to achieve a smooth start. You don’t need much energy to start, only a single pull, and the equipment kick-starts ready for action.
What’s more, it is designed with a long shaft that eases the using process since the operator can navigate smoothly from one point to another without encountering a challenge. What’s more, while under operation, the user doesn’t have to worry about injuries. The reason is the product is built with an edging guard that prevents cut-down clips from flying to the operator’s face.
The engine’s volume is 25cc, it operates with a four-stroke mechanism and has no technicalities when mixing oil and fuel. The air purge protects the engine from congestion. Its trimmer is approximately 70 inches horizontally, which gives it a higher cutting width.
- Features a 25cc 4-cycle engine which powers the 18 inch (cutting width) trimmer head
- Trimmer engine runs on unleaded gas, requiring no mixing of fuel and oil
- Easily release New trimmer line as you work by tapping the trimmer head against the grass to activate the tap 'N Go line release feature
- Have no worries when it is time to replace the trimmer line - the T25 trimmer head is designed for simple and easy line reloading
- A translucent fuel tank allows you to visually Monitor your fuel level as you work
- Easy movability ;
- Extensive cutting width;
- Great power output.
- Highly depends on gas.
Troy-Bilt TB42 BC – Best Trimmer with a Versatile Cutting Edge
The product has an inbuilt 27 cc engine. This device is ideal more so in place you find a string trimmer somewhat less effective. Moreover, the apparatus has a jump-start feature. Thus, you don’t have to use much energy when powering it on.
What’s more, it operates on a full-cranked engine, powering a variety of tools. The in-built crankshaft triggers low vibration. Therefore, your neighbor, while indoors, won’t be disturbed.
What’s more, the machine’s handle is adjustable. For that reason, you are to set your comfortable height when operating the device. The cutting edge is more versatile with 4 steel brushes each of 8 inches, hence sparing the straw when the machine is operational is a thing of the past.
The apparatus supports a variety of accessories to permit the user to shift from orchestrating one duty to the other. Moreover, the device has a straight yet long shaft for efficient working. It cuts without ferocity, and hence no straw will fly to your face while using the product.
The item has an 18 inch wide cutting head for a higher coverage while only minimal time is spent. Moreover, it has a steel, and strong brash hence slashes thick grass and tough twigs.
So, if you’ve been away from your home in the rainy season, you’ll probably be welcomed with long grass or bushy encounters, this device will be ideal for you. Its numerous attachments that permit operation of different tasks will leave your garden neat and well-trimmed.
- When a string trimmer alone just can't get the job done, rely on this brushcutter to power through dense weeds and brush
- Premium 27cc 2-cycle full-crank engine with JumpStart capability eliminating the need to pull cord
- Adjustable J-Handle provides added control and easy right or left-handed use;Line Replacement System : Standard
- 8-inch 4-tooth steel brush blade for taking on heavy vegetation
- Attachment-capable design allows the trimmer engine to power 10 different TrimmerPlus attachments, turning your trimmer into a garage full of tools
- Great power output;
- Gas dependable.
Homelite 26cc Trimmer – Best Cost-Effective Trimmer
Want an affordable trimmer that works perfectly? Homelite 26cc will fulfill your purpose effectively. It emits low levels of fumes hence being sensitive to pollution. Also, the equipment will not inform neighbors that you’re working on your garden.
It is designed with a clutch to ease the process of starting, and therefore, the operator uses less energy to kick-start it. Moreover, the carburetor is made with a quick-fire mechanism to enhance an effortless start-off.
The device has an extensive cutting width, an element that triggers wide-area courage in minimal time. Its subsidized price doesn’t correspond to its efficiency. It has high efficacy and delivers it in the first touch.
- Cost-effective to acquire;
- Low emission of fumes;
- Difficult to control RPM’s.
The Bottom Line
Gas string trimmers are widely acknowledged for their heavy-duty potential. Nonetheless, the effectiveness of each brand differs. All the devices are recommendable contingent on the budget, size of the yard, garden condition, and above all, the tallness of the site. Moreover, the mechanism of the equipment is a crucial element to take into account since some devices are complex, and new users may have a hard time using them. The trimmers also come with various warrant periods.
Therefore, even though you should be ready to tolerate some noise, irritating odor, unfriendly fumes when operating the device, your budget will play a bigger role in selecting an environment-friendly device. Therefore, you should pick a whacker that emits fewer fumes and has a larger cutting width to lower time consumption and achieve wider area coverage.
Remington RM2510 Rustler is my best pick. It has a quality power output that is reliable for an average-sized lawn. Also, it has curved shafts, which makes you have a direct view of the trimming point easily. Besides, it clears stubborn vegetation ruthlessly and powers on quickly.
Have you already tried one of the above string trimmers? What was your experience? Did you love it? Share your experiences by leaving a comment.