Best String Trimmer – Keep Your Lawn Looking More Professional Than Before
Do you have a nice garden or lawn? If you do, one of your worries surely is how to maintain a professional and clean look of it. If this sounds like you, then you need a string trimmer to do the work for you. This powerful outdoor tool will help you get rid of tough weeds and grass, thereby making your lawn the envy of those around you.
However, with the array of choices for such tools, I understand that it can be a daunting task to choose a string trimmer online. If this is a problem for you, do not be afraid as I will provide you with all the important information about the tools in this review.
I have been passionate about woodworking and gardening all my life. My enrollment for a degree in Botany from the University of Maryland is evidence of my passion. For a while now, I have been working at a gardening company.
Therefore, I have gained a lot of experience with equipment like lawnmowers and string trimmers. I have based this review on this experience. I intend to leave you with a clear decision on the string trimmer of your choice at the end.
Top Ten String Trimmers on Amazon
Below, I have reviewed ten of the best string trimmers that are ideal for various tasks around your garden. I have included the pros and cons of each to simplify your decision. Besides, these are string trimmers you will easily find on Amazon.
Worx WG160 Cordless String Trimmer/Edger/Mini Mower
This string trimmer by Worx is the ultimate economic tool for achieving a professional look of your garden within a short time and with less fatigue. This is owing to its 3 in 1 functionality, which allows you to change from a trimmer to an edger within seconds.
Besides, you can also change functionality to a mini mower depending on the amount of work you need to cover. This means that once you purchase this string trimmer, you will not need to spend cash on additional products to achieve the dream look of your garden or lawn.
Comfort is key when doing any kind of work, more so garden work. This string trimmer will ensure your maximum comfort as its shaft can be adjusted to your preferred height. In addition, it comes with seven locking adjustments to further enhance your comfort. Besides, it only weighs 5.7 pounds, making portability extremely easy.
The battery capacity for this trimmer, however, is 20V, which means that it could run out easily if you subject it to a heavy workload. Even so, it can be recharged, and you can resume your garden work after three hours of charging.
- 3 in 1 function with dual position wheels for grass trimming, edging and mowing
- Converts from a trimmer to an in line edger in seconds with no tools
- One (1) 20 Volt cordless MAX lithium battery
- 12 inch cutting diameter with automatic 100 percent single line feed (no bump)
- Quick release lever for fast telescopic height adjustments to the 90 degree tilting shaft
- An ultra-lightweight tool;
- 3 in 1 functionality;
- Battery and charger included in the package.
- 1. 3-hour battery charge time.
EGO Power +ST1500-S Brushless String Trimmer
If you are searching for a battery-powered string trimmer with a large battery capacity, you should consider this one by Ego Power. Its battery has a capacity of 56V, which translates to a longer runtime for the user. Besides, getting a suitable battery for this trimmer is easy as it is compatible with all Ego Power+ Arc Lithium batteries.
Guaranteed with this string trimmer is longevity. Its shaft is made of aluminum, a highly durable material. Thus, you are likely to stay a long while before thinking of replacing it. That aside, it is weatherproof. This means that the rain or extreme sunny weather should not stop your garden work for fear that it will rust or begin to fade.
With this trimmer, noise and fumes will not be a bother for you as it runs on batteries. Even so, you should buy a battery separately, for it to function, because the package does not come with one.
- Dual-feed twist line with 0.095 in. diameter
- Hi-efficiency brushless motor with variable speed
- Compatible with all EGO POWER+ Arc Lithium Batteries
- Weather-resistant construction
- Extended aluminum shaft with in-line grip
- It has a long shaft;
- It has zero emissions and noise;
- It has a large battery capacity.
- Battery and charger not included in the package.
Greenworks 13-Inch Corded String Trimmer – Trustworthy String Trimmer Reviews for You
If your priority when purchasing a string trimmer is a lightweight model, you should settle for this one by Greenworks. It only weighs 7 lbs, which will make it easy for you to complete your garden cleaning work in a few minutes. Besides, it can be used for both trimming and edging your lawn. Thus, with this trimmer, you get both comfort and versatility.
To further enhance the user’s comfort, the shaft of this string trimmer is adjustable. This way, it allows people of different heights to use it comfortably. Besides, being a corded string trimmer, you will not be troubled by noises or emissions that are common with gasoline-powered trimmers.
Also notable from this corded string trimmer is that there is no gap between its cutting head and gearbox. This is a guarantee that it will not trap any grass or weed when you are working. It has a limited coverage as it has to be plugged into a power source for it to function.
- Powerful 4 Amp motor to tackle the toughest weeds in the yard
- 13 in. cutting path to help you complete the job quicker
- 0.065 dual line auto-feed head makes advancing the cutting line simple and easy
- Trimmer head rotates for easy and accurate edging for a finely groomed yard
- Adjustable telescoping shaft to fit the users height
- It has zero noise and emissions;
- It has an adjustable shaft.
- It does not include a power cord.
Husqvarna 967055801 Gas String Trimmers– Get the Best Grass Trimmer For all Garden Work
This unique string trimmer runs on unleaded gas, which is relatively more affordable compared to premium gas. Also, if you like to monitor your fuel usage when using machines, you will enjoy this trimmer. This is because its fuel tank is translucent, thereby allowing you to screen fuel usage visually as you work around your lawn.
Besides, you will not have to worry about unwanted air penetrating the trimmer’s fuel system. With the air purge primer bulb, you can quickly get rid of the unnecessary air. Also, this gas string trimmer will allow you to move freely around your space, as it provides mobility, unlike a corded one.
Another notable thing about this Husqvarna trimmer is the ease of reaching its controls, especially the stop switch. Additionally, starting it is also relatively easy, as it is fitted with the smart start technology, which minimizes the resistance of the starter cord by 40 percent.
- Features a 25cc 4-cycle engine which powers the 18 inch (cutting width) trimmer head
- Trimmer engine runs on unleaded gas, requiring no mixing of fuel and oil
- Easily release New trimmer line as you work by tapping the trimmer head against the grass to activate the tap 'N Go line release feature
- Have no worries when it is time to replace the trimmer line - the T25 trimmer head is designed for simple and easy line reloading
- A translucent fuel tank allows you to visually Monitor your fuel level as you work
- It has a smart start technology;
- It has a translucent fuel tank;
- It comes with an air purge primer bulb.
- Relatively heavy.
Black+Decker 20V Max Lithium String Trimmer/Edger
Black and Decker also have this 2 in 1 battery powered string trimmer that covers your trimming and edging needs. This tool allows you to switch from trimmer to a wheeled edger within seconds. Thus, you can quickly edge along your flower beds and sidewalks after trimming along overgrowth areas.
Besides, the user’s comfort is something that the manufacturers of this string trimmer care about. Its handle is fitted with a premium micro-texture, to ensure a soft grip for the user. Secondly, the handle and shaft of this tool are adjustable to maximize the user’s comfort. Apart from this, it is fitted with speed control switches that allow you to regulate how fast it operates.
Also, this string trimmer weighs 6.3 pounds only, which makes it easy for you to move it around, even across the vast property. It also comes with 2 Lithium-ion batteries, which allow more runtime for the user, especially where some heavy workload is involved.
- Converts from trimmer to wheeled edger; Amp Hour : (2) 1.5 Ampere Hour
- Power Drive Transmission for increased torque
- 2 speed control for more power or extended runtime.Line Diameter :0.065 inches. Cutting Swath 12 inches
- Easyfeed allows you to advance your line with the push of a button with no bumping required
- Part of the 20V MAX System; 1 System Endless Tasks. Power for your Style
- It can be used for trimming and edging;
- It comes with two Lithium batteries;
- Lightweight tool.
- Its batteries have to be replaced often.
Worx WG163 Cordless String Trimmer and Edger
The WG163 is another string trimmer model by Worx but is a little different from the WG160. This one does not include a mini mower, and thus only has a 2 in 1 functionality. Even so, having it means that you do not have to buy an edger and trimmer separately. These two functionalities are interchangeable within seconds to help you achieve a good looking lawn.
This model also comes with two 20V batteries, which means a double runtime for you. This way, you can charge one while using the other. Further, this string trimmer has rubberized wheels, which ensure that your cuts are clean and professional. This aside, it has a command feed feature that gives you an on-demand line feeding as you move, further ensuring a clean cut.
Besides, it ensures your comfort by allowing you to adjust the shaft to suit your length preferences. Also, it is quite light at 6 pounds, thereby making portability easier.
- [TRIMMER & EDGER 2-in-1] Easily converts from a string trimmer to a wheel edger in just seconds
- [INSTANT LINE FEED] Innovative push button Command Feed spool system for instant line feeding. Plus, Free Spools for Life
- [BATTERIES INCLUDED] 2 powerful and lightweight 20V Power Share MaxLithium batteries come with this tool and can be used on any other tool in the WORX PowerShare family
- [HEAD TILTS 90°] So you can trim and edge on sloped terrain, and get to tough-to-reach places
- [DO IT ALL WITH THE SAME BATTERY] Do it all with WORX PowerShare, the only cordless tool platform that uses the same battery to power 20V and 40V tools
- Ideal for trimming and edging;
- The package includes two batteries;
- Not suitable for heavy weeds or grass.
Black+Decker (LST136) String Trimmer/Edger –a Good String Trimmer with an Automatic Feed Spool
If you are in the search for string trimmers that can help you do more garden work, this one is ideal for you. Black and Decker have designed it to be versatile enough to handle both trimming and edging work within your lawn. Thus, you do not have to get different equipment for different tasks to keep your garden looking good. Besides, you only need to turn its shaft when converting it from a trimmer to an edger.
Another interesting thing about this string trimmer is that it is battery powered. This way, your movement is not limited when doing garden work. Furthermore, it does not produce any emissions; hence it is safe for the environment. Its battery is of a large capacity, which provides a longer runtime before recharge.
I like this string trimmer because it has a long shaft that ensures the comfort of holding the tool for the user. The shaft is 52 inches long. It is also reasonably light, thereby making it comfortable to hold and operate.
No products found.
- It can do trimming and edging work;
- It has a long shaft length;
- It has a large battery capacity.
- It needs regular recharging since it is battery-powered.
Remington RM2510 Shaft Gas String Trimmer
This string trimmer by Remington is gasoline-powered and has a powerful engine designed for edging and trimming. Besides, it is relatively easy to operate owing to quick-start technology. This way, you will not strain when trying to start it.
An additional unique feature of this string trimmer is its curved shaft. It provides both balance and comfort for the use. Besides, it allows you also to have a direct view of the cutting line when in use. This way, you will experience less fatigue when doing your garden work compared to if you were using a trimmer with a straight shaft.
Should you need to replace the trimmer line of this tool, you only have to tap the cutting head on the ground while operating, and you are good to go.
- 25CC GAS ENGINE: QuickStart technology Engine to make pull starts easier.
- CURVED SHAFT: Curved shaft design makes cutting and trimming parts of your lawn more comfortable and balanced.
- DUAL LINE BUMP HEAD: Avoid interrupting your yard job! Simply tap the head on the ground to feed more line on your trimmer.
- 095? line: Thicker line for more durability and greater control getting those thicker patches of grass and shrubs.
- 16-INCH CUTTING SWATH: Trims wider sections of tall grass in less time.Spark Plug Gap:. 0.025 inch
- It has a powerful engine;
- Fitted with quick-start technology;
- It has a curved shaft for more comfort.
- Not ideal for large-sized yards.
String Trimmer, 21.2CC- Best String Trimmer with an Anti-Vibration Handle
Looking for a gasoline-powered string trimmer with a large fuel capacity? The Echo has you covered. With this string trimmer, you will not be worried about having a large area to cover before your fuel runs out. Its fuel tank can hold up to 14.9 oz.
Being a gasoline-powered string trimmer, it is ideal for vast garden work, which takes over half an hour to complete. Besides, it is highly mobile, meaning that you have the freedom to work on any part of your garden that needs tending.
Are you concerned about the vibrations that come with gasoline-powered string trimmers? With Echo, that would not be a cause of concern for you. This is because it is fitted with an anti-vibration handle to keep the vibrations to the minimum, thereby ensuring a smooth operation.
Besides, it comes with an operating manual that helps you control it on the go without prior experience. Its shaft is also quite long at 59 inches to ensure a comfortable hold for the user. However, you should note that a shoulder strap is not included; hence purchase one separately should you require it.
- It is ideal for big garden jobs;
- It has a good shaft length;
- The fuel tank has a large capacity.
- It does not include a shoulder strap.
Dewalt Brushless Trimmer – Best Yard Trimmers for Use around Noise-Sensitive Property
This battery-powered string trimmer by Dewalt is ideal for use around noise-sensitive areas or property. It comes with a 20V Lithium-ion battery, which allows you to cover a significant area of your property before running out of fuel. Besides, being battery-powered means that your movement is not limited. Thus, you can easily reach those weeds or grasses that are overgrown in different parts of your lawn.
Also, if you like being in control, especially in the use of machines, this string trimmer would be a good fit for you. It lets you control the speed of operation using its speed control switch. This way, you can slow it down when dealing with tough grass for a smooth finish.
Even so, the shaft of this string trimmer is relatively long. This could be a challenge for short people. However, it is compact and lightweight, which may make it easy to handle with time. An additional perk of this string trimmer is that it helps the user do away with maintenance costs associated with gas-powered machines.
- Brushless Motor maximizing motor efficiency and durability
- Dual 0.080" line with bump feed, with 13-inch cutting swath
- Variable trigger with speed control
- Patented gear drive design. Rpm: 0-4,600 / 0-6,000 rpm
- Includes 20V MAX 5.0Ah Lithium Ion Battery, along with charger
- Low noise;
- It has a speed control switch;
- It allows high mobility.
- .Not ideal for short people.
Have You Settled for the String Trimmer of Your Choice?
Many property owners sometimes get bemused by the variety of string trimmers available on the market. From my review, it is evident that these garden tools largely fall under three categories, namely gas-powered, battery-powered, and corded string trimmers. My advice to you if you are confused about which one to get is to consider major factors like ease of maintenance, mobility, versatility to handle various garden tasks, and comfort.
Keep in mind that the gas-powered string trimmers are ideal for a larger coverage and are extremely powerful, but can get pretty noisy. Besides, they emit fumes that contribute to environmental damage. The corded string trimmers are maintenance-free, but they limit the coverage area. They are perfect for smaller jobs and areas. On the contrary, battery-powered trimmers are versatile but may require the changing of batteries regularly. This can be costly.
Even so, the cons of each category should not discourage your investment in a string trimmer. All you need to do is get one that suits your preferences and needs. Also, do not compromise on quality to save some coins. Get one that will last you long. Other than that, do you think