Best Table Saw for Your Personal and Professional Use
If you spend much of your free time in your workshop or garage woodworking, you probably can agree with me that having an unreliable table saw hurts. Let me offer you a scenario of what I mean. Imagine you are having that first father-son project, whereby you are helping him design and construct a treehouse. You are both extremely psyched up because all the materials are set, and the design and drawing are all complete. However, every time you go to cut or carve your wood, the table saw keeps malfunctioning. You can imagine that feeling of disappointment.
The challenge that most individuals face when buying a carpentry kit for the first time is identifying the right tool. The problem is even more significant in modern times due to the emergence of so many brands selling the necessary equipment. While the internet may be regarded as an ideal source of information, it may also prove to be misleading if you are not extremely cautious.
However, over the years, I have always stuck to one rule, inquire information about a tool from a specialist or friends who have used it earlier. Such information is less prone to biases. In most cases, it will always be based on honest opinions and facts about the tool. So, if you combine this information with tips you have picked online about the product, then you will make a more informed decision about the best beginners table saw to buy. In what category of information source do I fall under?
As a specialist, call me Ronnie Collins, an MS Botany graduate from the University of Maryland. My experience includes working at a gardening company, where I have interacted with various equipment such as chain saws, low mowers, and garden hoses. As a veteran, my passion has always been woodworking and gardening. There in the process of exploring my hobby, I have interacted with various carpentry equipment, including table saws. So, join me as I take you through a comprehensive of some of the best table saws you can find out there.
|DEWALT 10-Inch Table Saw||Yellow/Black/Silver Table saw||120 volts||54 pounds||22.7 x 29.2 x 16.7 inches|
|Milwaukee Electric Tools 2736-21HD Table Saw Tool||Red||8V||55 pounds||15 x 27 x 24 inches|
|Bosch Power Tools 4100-10 Tablesaw - 10 inch Jobsite Table Saw||White/Blue||120 volts||60 pounds||29 x 32 x 13.2 inches|
|SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10 In. Portable Worm Drive Table Saw||Black/Grey||120 volts||49 pounds||19.9 x 23.4 x 13.4 inches|
|SKIL 3601-02 Flooring Saw with 36T Contractor Blade||Red/Grey||120 volts||30 pounds||28.9 x 20.1 x 13 inches|
|WORX WX572L BladeRunner x2 Portable Tabletop Saw||Black/Orange||20 volts||8.16 pounds||15.7 x 16.9 x 7.1 inches|
|RIDGID R4512 10 in. 13-Amp Cast IronTable Saw||Orange||120 volts||267 pounds||46.3 x 30.6 x 37.2 inches|
|Hitachi C10RJ 10" 15-Amp Jobsite Table Saw||Grey||120 volts||96 pounds||22 x 28 x 36 inches|
|Rockwell BladeRunner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw||Black||120 volts||16 pounds||16.1 x 17.5 x 8.3 inches|
|Proxxon 37070 FET Table Saw||Green||110 volts||12 pounds||13.2 x 17.3 x 4.5 inches|
Review of the Best Table Saws in 2020
Below are reviews of 10 of the best saws that you can find on Amazon. Each has special features, benefits, and limitations that you should know about so that you can select the one that will fulfill your needs.
DEWALT 10-Inch Table Saw – Best Portable Table Saw
When it comes to the field of power tools, including table saws, DEWALT has been a reliable brand for many years. I was recently surprised that it ranks high among the best cabinet table saws. In this regard, their DEWALT DW 745 table saw has not disappointed.
For starters, it is one of the lightest portable saws you will find. It only weighs 53 pounds, which translates to roughly 23 kgs. This does not mean that it is not a beast at its job. Having used it, I can certainly assure you it is. The saw has been fitted with a 15-ampere torque motor that makes it suitable for use in a variety of jobs. You can count on it for tough tasks such as cutting pressure processed planks and beams. This motor is further complemented by a 10 inches blade that has been made to convey about 3850 revolutions per minute when not loaded. This effectively makes it suitable to handle both small and medium-sized jobs you may have. The blade also has the potential to cut up to a depth of 3⅛ inches when used on a 90-degree angle and about two and a quarter inches when used on a 45-degree angle. This effectively makes it among the best table saw blades out there. It is possible to use it for different kinds of woodcutting thanks to its site-pro modular guarding system.
In terms of convenience, this saw ticks this box. You can use it in different locations, as it is very portable. The saw has a rip capacity of about 20 inches. This, coupled with its telescopic fence, offers it the adaptation it requires for use in various work environments. You can easily put a position to suit your cutting and workspace needs. The design also includes a metal cage base that supplements it with added strength and durability required to handle even tough jobs. The back feet are adjustable in case you place your saw of a surface that is not even.
The DW 745 is also concerned about your safety and cleanliness of the work area. For example, it now includes a power loss reset in its switch. This implies that in the event of a power loss or outage, the saw will reset itself. The design also includes dust collection ports located at the end of the saw and the blade’s top. This means you can trap dust originating from both the top and bottom of your blade.
- 22 kilograms unit weight and optimized footprint make this the most portable saw in its class. Shoe bevels 0 to 45 for beveled cuts
- Steel roll cage protects saw against jobsite drops and impacts, Rack and pinion fence system, front and rear fence lock and large, clear scales combine to give an extremely accurate and easy to use saw
- Powerful 1850 Watt motor for high performance in all applications (1300 Watts 110 version for UK Only). Max Rip To Left Of Blade 12 inch. Max Rip To Right Of Blade 20 inch
- Fence system provides 610 millimeter of rip capacity in a portable design for cutting large sheet materials to size
- Cast table top design ensures accuracy and precision,Overload protection system ensures powerful performance in hard, wet or frozen woods, Quick bevel lock with large scale for easy, accurate adjustments
- Portable, hence, can be moved from one workstation to another.
- Optimum weight for improved maneuverability.
- Highly flexibility and performance facilitated an adaptable rip fence.
- Goes with safety attributes.
- Its rpm and blade make it suitable for use in both small and medium-range tasks.
- Not possible to use with dado blades.
Milwaukee Cordless Electric Table Saw
When you think of cordless power tools such as drills, I have to admit that Milwaukee has tried to be a pacesetter in this area. The one tool that had been missing from their product range was a table saw until they finally unveiled the Milwaukee M18. In one of their 2018 new product symposiums, the company announced they had achieved a breakthrough in terms of exploiting their modernized battery technology. Indeed, they did with a supercharged M18 12-ampere lithium battery. Based on the manufacturer’s description, the 18 volts battery is capable of producing 50% more power and providing 33% improved runtime compared to any other powerful battery they have ever made. Out of this great invention saw, the company became only the third brand to have a cordless saw in the market with their Milwaukee M18 2736-21HD cordless table saw. The other two are Dewalt and Metabo.
M18 battery, coupled with a brushless motor, ensures that Milwaukee can match the run time and intensity of some of the best 15-ampere corded table saw. To put this into perspective, the power generated is capable of spinning the 8 1⁄4 blade at 6300 revolutions per minute. This is not only about the power but also in terms of the smooth cuts the blade makes. Based on facts, it can cut to a depth of two and a half inches when used at a 90-degree angle and about one- and three-quarter inches when used in a 45-degree angle. Using a fence knob and lever, you can adjust the pinion fence to three different positions on the rack. On the left of the blade, it can be adjusted to about 12 inches while on the right it can be moved to approximately 24-1/2 inches.
So, what are some of the cool features that make Milwaukee the best table saw to buy? For starters, it has a tool app that you can connect to your Bluetooth. You can use to stop the saw from operating when not in use and when you don’t want people messing with your tools. You can also use it to track your saw. The gears used in this saw are metallic, which is a plus for improved durability. Also, it comes with an easy to set upstand. You have to slide the saws back to the stand and then lock it from the front.
- Product is manufactured in China
- This product meets customer requirement
- 5 year warranty on material and workmanship
- Has a tool app that can be connected with Bluetooth.
- It is cordless meaning that it can be used even in remote places where there is no electricity connectivity.
- Easy to set-up stand.
- It is capable of powering a 10-inch blade, but the company chose to use an 8-1/4 inches blade instead.
Bosch Power 4100-10 Table Saw – Best Hybrid Table Saw
The best thing about Bosch is that it is already a household name, so it does not need much of an introduction. What can I say about this brand? A good description would be that Bosch has taken the competition of best portable table saws to another level. Hard not to believe this fact when you learn that the company recently released the Bosch 4100-09 before following it up with 4100-10 (the saw we are reviewing).
In reality, there is not much of a difference between them except the cosmetics, weight, and also 4100-09 includes a 40-tooth blade while the 4100-10 has a 24-tooth blade. According to the manufacturer, the reduction in the number of teeth is motivated by the need to improve its portability and increase the saw’s rip-cutting abilities. However, I already heard that the 4100-10 is meant to be a direct replacement, which means that pretty soon the 4100-09 will be phased off the market. Nevertheless, this should give you hope that Bosch is a brand that committed to innovation and improvement of their products.
So, what does Bosch 4100-10 offer you? The saw comes equipped with a 15-ampere electric motor capable of producing four horsepower that rotates the 10-inch blade at 3650 revolutions per minute. This makes it suitable for rip and crosscutting in both rough and fine woodwork materials. It also incorporates a square lock rip fence that drifts along the rail up to 25 inches for practical use and clamping. The blades can cut up to a depth of 3⅛ inches when used at a 90-degree angle and 2½ for the 45-degree angle. Let’s not forget that it contains a big aluminum top that creates enough workspace to work with.
Among the smart features included in this saw, there is a soft-start circuitry. This feature helps the saw manage the motor’s start-up power and reduce the possibility of causing harm to your circuit breaker. It is further supplemented by a constant response circuitry, which helps in keeping up the speed when the saw is operating under heavy loads. It also helps prevent damage in the event of an overload. The 4100-10 also comes with a Gravity-rise stand with wheel for easy mobility from site to site. This stand is also adjustable to a preferential height.
- Powerful: 10 inch Work site band saw: Features 15 amp circular saw that delivers 4.0 max HP and 3,650 RPM for the power required for ripping, rip cutting, and cross cutting fine and rough carpentry materials
- Saves space: Large cast aluminum top provides increased work space and material support with a 25 inch. Ripping capacity to cover all typical job site rip cutting widths
- Portability: Works seamlessly with the included lighter GTA47W gravity rise wheeled stand for easy job site mobility, with single action setup and take down
- Protection: Smart guard system contains riving knife and Anti Kickback pawls provide protection, while the guard assembly provides a barrier to help prevent blade contact while allowing an unobstructed view of the cut
- Soft start circuitry: Manages the intensity of motor start up and minimizes the possibility of tripping a circuit breaker
- Soft-start circuitry for motor start-up power management.
- It includes a smart guard system.
- Arbor lock for efficient blade change.
- A vast aluminum top for expansive workspace.
- The quality of a blade is not satisfactory.
Skilsaw SPT70WT-01 10 In. Worm Drive Table Saw
For those of you that love specialized tools, here is one of the best. The Skilsaw Worm Drive table saw has been created with the function of ripping in mind. The one thing I can assure you is that they will not disappoint you in this respect. The saw comes equipped with a 15-ampere duo-field motor capable of producing five horsepower and a maximum speed of about 5300 revolutions per minute. The worm drive included in this saw helps in providing the added torque and power required to excel in the severe rip cuts it may be expected to handle. Combined with the motor, it also helps to increase the cutting speed you will get with this saw. This helps make it one of the best contractor table saws you will find in the market. To help you tick the innovation box, think of it like this, it is the first table saw to include a double field motor that is powered by a brass geared worm drive.
A look on the technical aspects reveals that the saw’s 10-inch blade is capable of cutting up to three and a half inches at a 90 degrees angle. It also possesses a maximum rip cutting capacity of about 25 inches. This implies that you can achieve improved productivity and fulfill even the toughest jobs while using this saw. The top is made of aluminum, which is a plus in terms of durability and capability to handle even the toughest rip cuttings. What amazes me most is that for a saw with all these cool features, it only weighs about 49 pounds. This effectively makes it among the lightest table saws you will come across.
- First ever brass-geared Worm Drive table saw for maximum power and torque
- 15 Amp solid construction Dual-Field motor for increased cutting speed and extended motor life
- 25 inch rip capacity and 3-1/2 inch depth of cut for ripping a wide variety of materials
- Self-aligning rip fence with on-tool storage for a true cut
- Portable and compact while staying lightweight at only 49 pound
- Worm drive table saw for improved torque and power.
- Duo field motor for more power and extended usage.
- Specialized ripping table saw.
- Very light for improved mobility.
- Does not include a stand as part of its kit.
SKIL 3601-02 Flooring Saw with 36T Contractor Blade – Best Contractor Table Saw
For professionals or those people with great woodworking passion like me, there is that urge to have the right tool for all your jobs. This is because you don’t only want to get the job done but also have it done efficiently. In this regard, I have the right tool for your flooring needs. I am talking about the affordable SKIL 3601-02 Flooring Saw for your entire rip cutting, crosscutting and floor laminating needs. I call it affordable because it is the only high-quality flooring saw you would find at this price range. It is also suitable for personal use and professional use by contractors. Why is it so?
For starters, it comes with a specialized 36T contractor blade. A 7-ampere motor that produces about one horsepower drives it. This is enough to rotate the blade at 11000 revolutions per minute. This blade is well suited to rip, miter and crosscuts even on treated hard and softwoods. In technical terms, based on its miter gauge, the saw can be used to make accurate cuts in angles of between 22 degrees to about 45 degrees. For straight cuts, it can penetrate up to ¾ inch hardwood with ease. Its compact design also makes it convenient for laminate your floor because you can make all the cuts you need on the same job site. This eliminates the hassle of having to make frequent trips if you were using a table saw for your flooring work. The saw can easily be moved from one location to another because it weighs only 24 pounds. The weight also suits the handling needs of the saw.
When it comes to the safety aspects, the Skil 3600-02 has put in place several measures. The design includes a blade guard that protects you while working with it and ensures the sharp edges are protected when not in use. When making rip cuts, a bump-design switch becomes active when you lock the saw in place, hence ensuring your safety. The same case applies for miter cuts where there is a thumb safety in place for its trigger-design switch. Another cool feature with this saw is that it includes a dust port and bag for dust collection.
- Cuts solid, engineered and laminate flooring with ease
- Makes cross, miter and rip cuts
- Lightweight design for transport and use at any project location
- Miter detents at 0, 22.5 and 45 degrees
- Die-cast aluminum miter and rip fence
- Flexible enough to make rip, miter, and crosscuts.
- Comes with a specialized 36T contractor blade for both professional and individual use.
- Its 24-pound weight makes it convenient for handling and moving around.
- Includes an aluminum rip fence and miter for higher durability.
- Requires a lot of time when changing between the different types of cuts.
WORX WX572L BladeRunner x2 – Best Table Saw for Beginner
Worx WX572L is another excellent tool for beginners. The saw weighs only 8.16 pounds making it a very light gadget considering the cumbersome tasks that it is capable of doing. This weight also makes it suitable for home use. You can buy it and use it in the garage to do some woodwork for your kitchen or any other part of the house. The dimensions (15.7*16.9*7.1 inches) also enhance its suitability for home use. You can easily hold and move it from one space to the other because the volume of the product is realistic.
The handle located at the top enhances the simplicity of moving the gadget around. It is strong enough to enable you to move the saw from one point in a room to the other without fearing that it may crumble on you.
If you have wood or metalwork at a place outside your garage, you can carry the table saw to the site instead of bringing the materials in the room. I like this because if I have some work to do outside as I breathe the freshness of the air, I can easily do that with this portable saw.
It is efficient for cutting different materials. This is mainly because it has five blades, the blades can cut wood, ceramic, steel, scrolling, and aluminum.
This makes it a multifunctional cutter because you can easily change from cutting wood to aluminum within seconds. The multifunctionality is a big plus in this product because you do not need to purchase different saws for cutting various materials. WX572L can help you do everything by just changing the blades.
It comes with a miter gauge that helps you in setting the angle at which to cut material. The gauge can rotate between 0 and 60 degrees. This allows flexibility in the design of things such as tiles. If you have a space that requires a triangular-shaped tile, you may fine-tune the gauge so that it can cut the tile in an angular shape.
The gauge has an electric cord that helps in connecting it to an electric switch to start the saw. The gadget uses 27 watts with a voltage of 20. Therefore, although it consumes electricity, the usage is sustainable for home use.
It also has a safety measure that prevents one from starting the machine by mistake. There is a safety key that you have to fasten to enable the start button to function.
- Traditional guard and riving knife system allows unlimited capacity for cross and rip cuts
- Lightweight and compact design makes it easy to carry anywhere, and sets up in seconds to cut wood, Tile, plastic, metal and aluminum
- Adjustable miter gauge for 0°to 60°angled cuts, right or left
- Safety switch with key prevents accidental start
- Accessories included: 1-miter gauge, 1-rip fence, 5 blades (1 each wood, aluminum, steel, ceramic tile & scrolling), vacuum adapter & blade grip
- You can carry it to the job site because it is lightweight.
- It uses a sustainable amount of electricity.
- It is suitable for cutting ceramic tiles, aluminum, wood, and steel.
- It is compact.
- It is efficient only for light duties. It cannot be used for heavy tasks.
RIDGID R4512 10 in. 13-Amp Cast IronTable Saw
If you are searching for the best deal table saw that you do not need to lift while moving around, Ridgid 4512 should be on the top of your list. It has foot pedals and wheels that make it very special. To move it around, you need to drag the pedal downwards so that it can lift the saw and activate the wheels.
Once you move the saw to the desired position, you then clamp the pedal back, and it folds the wheels to prevent the machine from sliding around. Therefore, you can cut your wood comfortably without worrying about it being unstable and causing accidents.
This feature also makes it suitable for moving to the job site. It is not necessary to work from the garage if you have a better place to work from.
It weighs 267 pounds, which is heavy. However, this should not bother you because you can use the wheels to push the machine instead of trying to lift it. The weight arises from the fact that the table is made of cast iron. This heavy-duty metal lasts for a long time.
I hate doing woodwork and then having to clean the whole room because it is full of dust. R4512 takes care of this issue by having a funnel in which dust from the top of the table enters and is then pushed down to the waste collection point. Therefore, if you love working without being concerned about how to clean the room later, I would advise you to consider this machine.
It is flexible as it can cut wood at ninety or forty-five degrees. In addition, since it is a heavy-duty model, it allows you to cut heavy woods with it. The table is weighty enough to hold on to the heavy materials that are being cut so that the saw does not collapse.
Just like the other saws that I have already reviewed, it uses electricity to run. The machine comes with a six-foot power cord that you need to connect to an AC. Although this is not too long to enable you to work from a long distance from the source of power, it still serves its purpose. Besides, the machine has wheels that you can use to move it closer to the AC and even work without any problems.
The gadget has a 13 amperes motor that is capable of producing 3,45o revolutions per minute. This makes it efficient and fast.
- 13 Amp motor delivers up to 3450 RPM
- Cast iron table minimizes vibration
- Front and back-clamping aluminum rip fence has extra-large glides to provide precise and smooth adjustments along the rail
- Built-in accessory slots for installing auxiliary fences that support large work pieces
- Not eligible for LSA
- It is made of cast iron, which is durable.
- It has magnets that hold the blades, hence preventing them from sliding around.
- It has a funnel that collects dust.
- It is the best small table saw for people operating at a budget because it is affordable.
- It takes time to assemble and set up the machine so that it can start functioning.
- It is too heavy.
Hitachi C10RJ 10″ 15-Amp Jobsite Table Saw – Best Home Table Saw
The blade has a riving knife that acts as a safety guard. It has three positions that you can adjust depending on the need. The guard prevents the saw from causing accidents because it covers the saw blades, hence preventing them from ripping of materials when not in use. It also protects you and other users from being cut by the machine when moving it or working around.
The riving knife and the plastic that covers the blades, therefore, make it safe to have this machine in a home. As long as you install the protector after working, you can leave the device in the garage and not worry even if someone else gets near it.
It is a powerful machine that can cut through the hardest materials. This is enhanced by the 15 amperes motor that is capable of producing 4500RPM. At such a high speed, the toughest materials become easy to slice.
The table is built in a way that it can cut through materials that occupy up to 35 inches on the right side, and 22 inches on the left part. This means that unlike smaller machines that cut through small wood sizes, this one has the advantage of being spacious.
The machine has a rip fence that can be adjusted accordingly. You can measure the accuracy of your setting to ensure that it is accurate. If it is not, you can change it and make it fit into the right position. The table also allows for up to 45 degrees, hence making it suitable for cutting on wood that does not have to be in a straight line depending on its use. It is the best table saw fence mainly because it is straightforward to adjust. You can use one hand to put it into position because it is light.
One thing I admire and always look for in a table saw is its weight. This gadget weighs only 96 pounds, and although you do not need to move it around quite often, the few times you have to do it will be easy.
The stands are made of rubber to enable the machine to remain in position when in use. Therefore, you do not need to be afraid of slips or slides that can cause significant accidents, especially when pushing the wood through the blade.
- Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT. Same great tools, with only a new name.
- Direct drive universal 15 Amp motor produces 4,500 RPM to power through the toughest ripping applications
- Soft start function reduces noise and recoil at start up
- Electric brake halts the rotation of the blade within seconds for added safety
- 10 inches 40 Tooth carbide tipped blade included for high cutting capacity
- It is an affordable machine.
- It has a safety guard for covering the blade when not in use.
- It is easy to set up.
- It is not noisy, and it has an electric brake that stops the blades from rotating within seconds.
- It does not have a funnel for eliminating the dust and particles produced when cutting on wood.
Rockwell BladeRunner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw – Best Jobsite Table Saw
I am a big fan of Rockwell products, and because of that, I have used this machine for several kitchen projects. It is a very lightweight saw that weighs only 17lbs. Considering that there are table saws that weigh hundreds of pounds, I would say this is my most favorite machine because of portability.
Rockwell has updated this product by adding cool features. The first one is the handle that enables you to carry the gadget around because it is light. Every good table saw should be easy to carry, push, or pull to make work easy.
The second feature of this machine is the ease to set up the blade. You do not require any tool to help you in fastening the blade. The gadget has a button on the left side that you hold to remove a blade and then release once you put in a new one. It is as simple as that, and you can then start working on your project.
It is versatile in that it can cut several types of materials. These include plastic, aluminum, wood, and ceramic. It can also do miter, cross, scroll, and rip cutting. Instead of buying a new gadget for each of these tasks, you can change the blades on this Rockwell, and it will do the job for you. It has five blades with each being able to cut through a different type of material.
It can cut on both narrow and wide objects. This is because it has a rip fence that helps you in setting up full pieces of wood that you want to cut to either make large chopping boards if you like preparing all your ingredients before cooking any meal. With the large chopping board, you would not need a separate bowl for each part that you have to make.
The hold-down guard also enables the machine to be able to cut on wide pieces of wood or metal. It also has a hook that you can fasten on a table to prevent it from pushing back while you cut. This also helps in preventing accidents, and it makes it firm so that you can complete the job without experiencing any destruction.
- Portable tabletop saw sets up in seconds to cut wood, metal, tile, aluminum and plastic – performs rip, scroll, miter, and inside cuts
- Compact and portable with built-in tabletop handle to carry anywhere – weighs in at less than 15 pounds. No-Load Speed - 3000/minute. The Bladerunner X2 cuts a variety of materials depending on the type of blade you’re using. Pick the blade that best suits the job, from scroll cutting, to rip cuts, the Bladerunner’s cutting capacity will vary depending on the material Wood- 1-1/2 Inch. PVC pipe- 1-1/4 Inch. Aluminum- 3/8 Inch. Steel- 1/8 Inch. Ceramic- 3/8 Inch
- Hold-down guard and splitter cuts wider material, and a larger rip fence for better control and a nice, accurate cut. Table Size- 15-3/4 x 17 Inches
- Instant, tool-free blade changes; change the blade in 3 seconds – compatible with any 4" t-shank jigsaw blades
- Includes a vacuum port, a large steel rip fence, miter gauge, 5-piece starter blade set and manufacturer’s 3-year warranty.Stroke Length:3/4 inches.Power Input:5.5 Amps
- It is one of the most affordable table saws you can own.
- It has five blades for cutting on different materials. It can also scroll cut.
- It has a handle, which in addition to the lightweight makes it easy to carry.
- It is efficient only for light duties. It would not be suitable for contractors.
Proxxon 37070 FET Table Saw
If you are looking for simplicity in a table saw, 37070 FET fulfills this condition. It has a simple classic and compact design, and anyone can learn how to set and use it within a few minutes. It measures 13.2*17.3*4.5 inches and weighs only 0.16 ounces making it the best starter table saw.
It has a blade guard and riving knife that enhance the safety of the machine. As you push any material towards the blade, it raises the blade guard until it reaches the position of the riving knife. The knife, on the other hand, helps in keeping materials split up so that they do not get back together and call for another round of cutting to separate the pieces.
With the guard on, the table saw is safe, and you can leave it on the surface after working with it. No accidents involving the blade would take place when it is covered.
The fascinating thing about this saw is that it allows you to adjust the height of the blade. Therefore, you do not have to worry about the height of the material that you are cutting as the blade can go through it as long as it is between one to twenty-two millimeters.
You can also adjust the angle of the blades up to forty-five degrees if you need to slice materials at an angle instead of in a straight line. I love this feature because it means that if I am working on a project, I am not tied to making items of only one design.
It has a vacuum that sucks particles that are produced while cutting on wood or metals. This enables your working space to be clean and not all messy as it would be with a machine that does not have a way of filtering waste.
It can cut through a variety of materials, including foam, metal, wood, glass fiber, and steel. Therefore, it is versatile and efficient for many people. It is, therefore, the best table saw for DIYer.
- For fine mechanics, model building, mould construction, toy manufacture, architects, model carpenters and fitters
- For cutting wood, non-ferrous metals, plastics, plexiglas, glass fibre reinforced sheets, foam and many other materials
- Stable construction because load bearing parts and plane milled table are made of die cast aluminum
- Angle stop with stop rail of aluminum and adjustable limit stop for manufacturing parts of equal length and the same angle
- Extendable table extension with integrated auxiliary stop. Plane-milled table in die-cast aluminium with 2 continuous T-nuts for the angle stop.
- It is affordable.
- It can cut a variety of materials.
- It has a vacuum cleaner for sucking particles from the working area.
- It has an adjustable miter and fence.
- It does not have an inbuilt handle.
Are You Still Wondering Which of the Above Table Saws to Buy?
Although there are many options to select from, you may be confused about which gadget to select. Maybe you have seen two or three saws that you love, but you do not know which one to settle on yet. Many people experience a similar problem. I was also in the same predicament when I was buying a saw for the first time in my life. However, with experience, I have developed a system of narrowing down to one option.
This system involves answering a few questions for every machine that I admire. The one that I give the most positive answers is normally the tool that I select for my projects. Some of the questions that help me include:
- How easy is it to carry?
If I want a machine that I can carry to the job site, I will cancel out the ones that are not portable.
- What is the maximum length of the materials that it can cut?
Your selection depends on the length of things you want to cut. If you are looking to cut short pieces for small projects, then you can choose the small-sized best home table saws.
- How easy is it to set up, install blades, and adjust the fence and meter?
I select machines that will not waste a lot of my time. I would not desire a gadget that will take hours to set up.
These are only a few of the questions that I ask myself before selecting a machine. I would advise you to use the same strategy. Develop as many items as you can. These should arise from the uses that you want to put the machine into. I love all the above machines, and depending on my needs and purposes, I would select any of them for my projects.
What features do you look for when shopping for a table saw? What was your experience using any of the above saws?