If you have a house with enough space around it to make a beautiful garden, you can hire a gardener to take care of it. Professionals will help you to make the garden of your dreams where you can spend lots of time with your family and friends. Moreover, you can forget about stress and hard work planting flowers, and choosing colors and types, especially if you don’t know anything about it.
Why You Should Hire a Gardener
Before you fill in the gardening invoice template, you have to understand why you need this person in the first place. Apart from the obvious reason to make your garden look outstanding, you have to consider a wide range of possibilities. Many people still believe they can handle their own garden professionally themselves, but if you want to have a beautiful advanced design without long hours and days spent on the ground, you need to start looking for a gardener.
Consider it as an investment in the total look of your house. While we don’t spend much time outdoors, our neighbors and everyone who drives by will appreciate your efforts. It can be a great promotion for your house if you decide to sell it. Among many gardening services, you can find a garden design that includes matching the right plants to create the total picture. A beautiful garden will attract you to spend more time outdoors.
You can’t just pick a random name on the Internet to have a perfect garden. It is crucial to check whether the candidate is professional before you sign the contract. Keep in mind that finding a gardener is not a simple job. You have to check every candidate’s page and make sure that they have at least one of the mentioned qualifications: RHS, HND, NVQ, or NPTC. If the candidate has 2 or more certificates, you can contact this person. Moreover, you have to search for comments from former clients. If you find positive recommendations, check out the price list, view the portfolio, and contact the gardener directly.
How to Hire a Gardener
You can use a simple scheme if you don’t know where to start. Once you learn these recommendations, you can start looking for a gardener near me on the Internet. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Think about the job that must be done and whether you need to hire a gardener for the full day. If you have limited space, you can consider hiring professionals for several hours a day. You can ask candidates for this job what time is better to choose;
- Consider all the possible ways to search for the gardener. The Internet is not your only option. You may have friends who just hired a trustable professional who worked miracles with their yard. You can call the agency and get contacts there;
- Make a list of the work you want your gardener to provide. Think about the plants, the ground, and whether there are limitations to the project;
- Once you find several candidates, check the reviews and comments from other users. No matter how you get the gardener’s contacts, you still can find this person online. Don’t blindly trust one recommendation from your friend. Check everything in advance;
- Ask for an interview. You need to talk to the candidate before you decide to move further. You may find the difference between a person’s CV and reality. Make sure that this person has the unique set of skills that you want to see in the gardener. Since you can have specific preferences, make your list in advance. If you are not sure about professional skills or whether the gardener understands your vision, you can ask to pay this person day by day.
Choosing the Right Gardener
Once you learn about all the gardeners in my area and find several, you can move to the next step. You have to contact the person and arrange the meeting. Here is what you need to discuss in the first place:
Ensure that you are on the same page with the gardener when it comes to payment. Check if the way of payment you choose suits the other person. If you hire a freelancer, you can agree on the payment for every hour. Discuss whether your gardener prefers cash, check, or electronic transfer. Before you arrange this meeting, check out the average payments on the market. Make sure that the price is reasonable.
It is not rare to hire a gardener with a trial period when you pay for an hour and check results before you ask to continue. You can agree with a professional about the trial’s time and whether you want your cooperation to become permanent. Don’t be afraid to say goodbye to the gardener that does not meet your expectations. This way, you save your money and this person’s time.
Get a contract
Once you shake hands on the work and discuss all the questions, you may fill out the agreement. The contract is an important part of the deal that protects both the client and the gardener from fraud or unprofessional services. You may create the contract yourself, ask your lawyer, or find the already existing gardening invoice template in the digital catalogs of forms like PDFLiner.
The Bottom Line
A professional gardener will turn the piece of empty or abandoned land near your house into a masterpiece. This article helps you to understand how to find the right person. Check out all the recommendations before you contact anyone.